View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #45
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerplunk View Post
The only launch exclusive that I have seen that looks half-way interesting was Ryse, which itself looked to be a regular FPS where they took away the gun and added a ton of QTE to make it unplayable.
The QTE QTE QTE is pretty disappointing. New meaning to the game playing itself I guess.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/why...ng-game-of-e3/

I’m on the battlefield. I’m stomping through the corpses of my comrades swinging my sword at anything that moves. I begin a combo, I slash twice and then whooom slow motion is initiated, #### is about to get ‘cinematic’. A button prompt hovers elusively above the sword I’m about to drive into the throat of my enemy… argh I’m too slow! The prompt flickers, disappears.
I missed it. Damn.

But then somehow, for some reason, I still complete the cinematic ‘kill’.
What?

Maybe it’s a bug I think, but no. Next time I deliberately press the wrong button. The kill goes ahead, no consequences. Then I try hitting no buttons whatsoever. The kill goes ahead. I put the controller on the table in front of me, the kill goes ahead.

What is going on here?

I ask one of the Crytek people hovering at the booth – is this a bug? Why am I completing kills when I hit the wrong button prompt? Or, worse, no button at all. Turns out it was a deliberate design choice.

“We don’t want the player to feel frustrated,” I am told.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: