View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #50
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ferland has been living off last spring's playoffs but last year is over and he's just not that great of a hockey player right now. As an NHLer he's at best a rotational player like Jooris. He does deliver the odd check but his play is a mixed bag as sometimes he makes a crafty play but at others he's turning over the puck. I wouldn't say he's terrible but I also wouldn't say he's been good enough to maintain a steady roster spot in the starting lineup. I'm sure he will be back in the lineup soon but he's a guy that needs to be pushed and Hartley is sending him a message here that he needs to be better.
I agree with this. I really want Ferland to do well, and really want him to cement a job on the team, though I'm never sure whether he is a guy to supply muscle on the top 6 or just a grinding winger. But I can't say he's been good this year, and last game, out of all the forwards (and maybe all the players), he may have had the least impact, aside from the odd check.

Bollig has to play sometime and he's not exactly a match to replace Raymond or Granlund, who would be next guys coming out (if they are to be replaced its more likely by Jooris, who can match speed and hands better). Beside, both of those guys had pretty good games in the couple last outings. Granlund scored last game and Raymond was a significant part of Backlund's goal (albeit without an assist).