View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM   #143
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
Have loved what I have seen from Wolf so far. He looks just as advertised… reading plays super well, great rebound control and he is ridiculously quick. Honestly, I can’t think of any goalie in the NHL that looks as quick in the net as he does. Obviously he has to be quick because of his size but it’s very impressive. He seems very sharp and his demeanour is very cool and calming which is exactly what I like to see in a goalie.

I really hope the flames can find a good trade partner that will give value for Markstrom in the offseason. Not because I want to see Wolf as the full-time starter but because I think Markstrom has some value again and capitalizing on that would be a smart move for this team. And I would prefer to go with a tandem of Wolf and Vladar next year. Could see them splitting starts fairly evenly. The flames might protect Wolf a bit for the first half of the year with his starts being some of the easier ones.
Agree.
I've seen enough to feel he's ready for full time NHL with pretty even splits in a tandem.

However I'm torn on trading or keeping Markstrom as a mentor.
I guess it depends on the return vs what trading Vladar would bring.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote