View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #13
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
A week ago, I cut 2 fingers while carving a pumpkin.
(Insert as many jokes as you want here)

It was fairly bad, so I headed out for stitches. My wife called a MediCenter and spoke with a middle eastern male, who told her that I could go see them, so I did.

When I got there, what I believe is that same man who my wife spoke with took me into the room. (there were no other male employees). He had scrubs on so I don't actually believe he was honestly the receptionist, but a nurse or aide instead that just so happened to answer the call my wife made.

So, the actual Dr comes in and says that this "nurse" fella will do my 7 stitches and that he is "very qualified" for it. I don't think anything of it, and get stitched up.

Today, one week later, I go in to get the stitches removed. The Dr on today asks me a bunch of questions (because I have a frozen/blister like feeling in my pinky and it really doesn't look good at all) about who did my stitches. She also says my stitches were not cared for properly. I did everything i was told to, but apparently there were a few things the "nurse" didn't tell me for aftercare) I tell her it was a male nurse who stitched meand she says it's impossible because they "arent allowed to", and that it was probably the doctor. I tell me story, saying it definitely wasn't the Dr and she jots notes and says she will look into it.

So...someone who possibly wasn't allowed/authorised to stitch me up, did, and my fingers are not healing correctly because of the lack of aftercare I was never told to do. Also, she removed stitches from one finger, but left them in for the other as it wasn't healing good at all, and thats the same finger that feels frozen.

So, the question is:
Who the heck do I complain to?
Just consider yourself lucky you didn't go in with a problem south of the 'Mason Dixon line' so to speak.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote