View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:16 AM   #83
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamefan74 View Post
But according to the report, there would only be 10% of the vehicles on the road compared to now. He states that by 2030 in the US, 5.7 trillion passenger miles will be moved through 26 million autonomous cars. Right now there are 247 million vehicles on the road in the US. So, it would seem more like today's cab service.

The big thing for me in the report is that it relies on government banning internal combustion engines early in the adoption phase. He states that car dealerships will be completely done by 2024 and that by 2030 government will ban everyone from owning an autonomous car. We will all need to get a ride through autonomous fleets run by companies such as Uber, Google, and Apple. And the thing is, he's not just talking about the US. He is talking worldwide by 2030. I just don't see it happening by that time frame at all.
Like I said nothing but clickbait. Totally unrealistic but look at the amount of pages this thread is and how many people clicked on the article. Mission accomplished.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote