Thread: Battlefield 1
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 11:16 AM   #4
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think I'm going to wait on this game for a while, because to me if just looks like all the other battlefield games with a new skin.

With WW1 they could do some interesting things

1) Bad technology - In the first tank assault by the allies, I think it was Cambrai. They rolled out about 400 tanks deployed, half of them failed mechanically, and another 65 or 70 were destroyed by artillery or immobilized. so I would love to see you heroically fight your way to a tank and jump in a snicker because well tank. then it goes 4 feet and the engine explodes.

2) Bad technology 2 - Bad rifles. You march up to the edge of your trench and lean over while sweating as you hear an enemy assualt coming. You take careful aim at a lead german officer and pull the trigger and you hear a pffft sound as the whole trigger mechanism falls apart in your hand. You hear the same sound from up and down the line as 5 out of 10 of your new rifles fail and your suddenly fighting a war of clubs as a bunch of rifles on the German side fail too.

3) Hours of boredom, sheer moments of terror, maybe play an engineer - you get your orders that night. Tomorrow at 0900 you're going to give those Jerry's the what for. You're to lead your men on a direct assault of the enemy trench 200 yards away. Your platoon the whatevers or whatevers will lead a full frontal assualt to distract the germans while the engineers complete digging the tunnel under the Jerry's and finish mining it. You flip through your officers manual and remember that a good officer rallies the men by leading from the front. The rest of the night in the game you go around checking your men's feet and supplies and equipment. Then you write a letter to your parents of your special girl back home (extra points if it actually gets through the mail system) and smoke 40 cigarettes. In the morning you hear the artillary softening up the enemy. you press the X button on your controller which spews phrases that should give your men a bravery bonuse. Phrases like "Chin up lads", and "Jerry won't know what hit him". then you hear the word charge, a ladder slams on the trench next to you, and you press the Y button and a loud "Charge, arrrh errupts from your speakers" You climb the trench ladder, and pull out your pistol and turn around to your men and yell "Charge", then take two steps and see 10 machine guns opening up on you, you fall back into the trench and hope one of your team mates will revive you. You wake up in the hospital to see a nurse holding a ether cloth over your mouth and nose while a doctor saws off your leg while telling you to "Quit your screaming Lt, this will only take another minute"

4) This is a minigame. You sit in your trench in 6 inches of brackish water and need to be able to pull your boots off inspect your feet for trench rot, and then change your socks without getting the rest of your kit wet. If you take care of your feet, you get a +5 valor bonus on the next trench assault.

5) You've been sitting in your trench for hours, you see an officer coming down and yelling "Stand too, we have artillary coming lads". The first shells burst over your head, you use your controller to inspect them. Then you look over and see German's approaching at a slow pace, they appear to be wearing . . . . Oh crap you hear coughing and vomiting as your screen turns yellow. You hear the german word for charge. You now have 10 seconds to put on your clumsy gas mask. If you do, your vision range and area drops by 90 percent and you have to fight like that. If you can't find your gas mask because you lost it in a poker game with Watkins who is now sitting there wearing two gasmasks one over his face and one over his junk cheerfully waving to you. you must pull out a hanky and pee on it and then tie it over your mouth and nose. Negative points if you can't pee.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: