View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #194
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
As far as "future earnings" go. It's not just working as a linesman that Comes into factor. He could have had a job lined up making big bucks for 25 more years and now he is unable to do it.

I don't know anything about the specifics of the case, so not advocating one way or the other, but the people saying he was retiring from being a linesman, it doesn't mean he was done working.
But he has 15 years left so even 200k per year is only 3 million. He is basically saying he had a job that would pay him 600k a year that he can't have.

If he is truly unable to work in whatever field he was planning to go into than a settlement in that 2-3 million range makes sense. To me it should be paid out by the NHL/Workers Comp who failed to provide safe working conditions for the linesman.

For Wideman, I think he was concussed, was surprised by the linesman where he was and reacted as if he was under threat. I see no intent or at least not enough evidence of intent to hold him liable.

So the NHL failed to protect Wideman from a concussion which in turn led to the incident.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote