View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #61
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish there was an I don't know or not sure option on the poll as to be honest I am not 100% certain what his job really is these days.

to me bingo's comments makes the most sense. I'd have to think that KK did not wake up one day and decide to whip together a powerpoint deck and trot out CalgaryNext. I would have to think that he was acting on behalf of the owners and they were completely in the loop on what was going on.

to me, KK is the public face of the owners and that people on here want to shoot the messenger.

seems to me that in 2004 KK could have said he was running for mayor and not made a speech or a promise or put up a poster and he would have been elected - seems that time has not been kind to KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I won't get into what is happening because I don't know.

I can see ownership in the loop on a lot of things, so maybe it's a bit of an over reaction to be upset. I would assume most sports owners through a proxy want to be consulted on large ticket contracts or big trades, but I would hope that the issue would be dollars and impact to budget and not evaluation of hockey talent and team building.

To me that's the issue.