View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #60
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can't fire Gulutzan at this point, and he doesn't deserve to get fired.

He isn't going to make in-game adjustments in the playoffs as well as a guy like Carlyle - Gulutzan is a rookie playoff coach / less tenured and experienced coach overall, and just like players, they get better with experience.

I was all for firing Gulutzan a few times throughout this season, and yes, I disagree with how he managed the goalies as well as a few other things, but he is a rookie playoff coach. Most of these coaches have a learning curve just like players do.

I would see what happens next year. I don't even think he is on a short leash - you give him the entire season unless they season really comes off the rails through the 3/4 mark. Judge him again at the end of next season, and see where he is.

I felt it was wrong to fire Hartley, and I feel it is wrong for the same reason to fire Gulutzan now. CONSISTENCY! Does anybody else want a potentially miserable start to the season, and having a coach figure out his Chiasson's from his Ferlands? Gulutzan has his warts and his questionable decisions, but he in no way deserves to get fired. He just needs more seasoning, and I am going out on a limb and assuming he will improve.

However, the tough question is: "Do you upgrade if there is a clear upgrade?" (like Sutter). That one is a bit harder. I still say no, but it isn't such a definite no either. On any random day, I might just say yes.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: