View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #41
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
What do you people expect? It's Florida. The Lightning had done very little of note up until that point. Since that time the building has been pretty full most years. Are you also mad that Carolina won the cup over Edmonton the next season, and yet has been struggling to fill the building since? Shouldn't that be a worse offense?

And this might be an unpopular stance, but here goes: Even if that goal was in during game 6 (and there's good reason to believe it was, but it's still pretty hard to tell), and if the Flames truly were the better team they would have found another way to win that game, OR, maybe, just maybe, they would have been the better team in game 7 and won that one.

Tampa was the better team, AND they deserved to win. The Flames of that year were a beautiful cinderella story, and despite the fact they were an incredibly hard-working team, they were bested by a superior talent who also worked very, very hard to earn what they did. They possibly caught a break, but it happens. Get over it, it's been over 10 years. Perhaps sportsmanship is something we all need to learn a little bit more about. Accepting defeat and congratulating the winner are qualities often associated with sportsmanship.
You're telling me that you wouldn't be annoyed to be so passionate about a team, and have that team lose to a team with almost no fanbase, and where the city is mostly apathetic about the game and the sport? Especially when your team was a questionable call away from winning arguably the most difficult trophy to win in sports?

I understand that hockey isn't the top sport in Florida and that most of the kids in the Tampa area didn't grow up playing, or watching hockey. In my post, I acknowledged that hockey's popularity has probably grown in the Tampa area, and wasn't a condemnation of Tampa or the fanbase as it stands now.