View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #37
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Even as a kid, I was so sick with how Klingon-heavy TNG was just because one of the main cast-members was a Klingon. Honor this, Kahless that, Gagh this, Kapla that!" Arrgh!!!! I hate Klingons!!!
I get that, it drove me up the wall quite a bit too. Frankly I liked the Klingons in the Original series. They were more like the frat house bad neighbours of the galaxy. They were loud obnoxious jerks who showed up, got drunk and pretty much caused trouble wherever they went because they could.

They didn't talk about honor or anything like that, they were just rowdy guys with ridiculous eyebrows and bowl haircuts.

I did like them in DS9, because you had an element that were again, just plain jerks trying to over throw the government, and they were portrayed really well in the war.

I even liked the Klingons better in the Star Trek Movies. In the search for Spock, pretty much jerks and thugs. They were nicely done in Star Trek 6 when they added dignity to their race and turned them from a singular jerk species to one that was very much human.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote