View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default 2017 Calgary Roughnecks Thread

Season opener tonight, looking forward to good things. After a tough early losing streak (3 OT losses in a row) last season the team never seemed to get going 100%.

Not too many changes to the roster this season. I liked Riley Lowen's game with the Rush so I am happy to have him join the squad. Holden Cattoni is young, but it is great to see a Calgary product make the NLL and everything I hear from the preseason on him is he is making a good impression.

Goaltending is the biggest change this season with the departure of Poulin. I watched the pre-season game against the Rush and though Del Bianco looked great, especially considering he isn't even 20 yet.

Speaking of the Rush pre-season game - Frankie, Greg Harnett, Garrett McIntosh are all suspended for the opener. Quite the tussle at the end of the game, nothing like a good old-fashioned goalie scrap. Zach Higgins will be backup goalie tonight.

I have no reason to believe the Rush won't be the best in the west again this season, they have a strong roster top to bottom. But having so much carry over from last year's roster should mean a stronger Roughnecks team. Looking forward to seeing more from Wes Berg and Tyler Digby.

Bob Snider seems to be perpetually on the practice roster, no idea what that is about but it would be great to have him in the lineup for faceoffs.

One great thing the Roughnecks did for STH this year is free access to NLLTV for the season, so we can watch all of the road games online. Worked great for the pre-season game.

Very happy to see the change to three on floor officials, remains to be seen what the NLL is doing to get the quality of officiating up.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote