View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #639
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
The flames are better than last season by basically every statistical measurement and people are whining in this thread like he has taken a cup finalist and torn them apart.

Guess what? This team freaking sucks and you should have known that before the season started because last year they were freaking sucky too.

This team is STILL dealing with Feaster blunders that are more responsible for the lack of success on the roster than anything else. The flames can't score so they can't win, they can't score because they don't have the offensive weapons, they don't have the offensive weapons because they didn't draft any, couldn't trade for any and don't have the cap space to sign any because they are paying Dennis Wideman the same amount of money the Hawks are paying Panarin.

You put a middling defender on this team in Wideman place and you put abonafide top line winger on the roster and they are firmly in a playoff position.

Where is the offense that you goofs thought the flames would generate? Idiots who think ferland is the second coming of probert?

Give me a break. Sucky team is sucky, news at 11.

Summed up my thoughts exactly.

It's amazing people want to blame the coach as if Hartley did anything better.

Hey everyone, remember our only way of exiting the zone was a stretch pass? And teams quickly figured it out and we couldn't leave our own zone without icing it? Member Colborne getting 18 minutes a night and looking like an absolute train wreck in his own zone?

Gulutzan might not be a great motivator but if these guys who get a pay cheque every two weeks in the hundreds of thousands need motivating then we are paying the wrong players. The wrong players have the letters and definitely the wrong player has the C.

We laid an egg against Nashville, one of our biggest playoff rivals this year and not a single leader showed up to optional practice next day. I've made my point on that already but is it any wonder we came out flat against the Oilers? We sure could have used that extra practice time. It's one thing to not show up after a good hard fought effort but no Flame should have been tired after that game.

And Gulutzan isn't perfect, playing Gaudreau with Chiasson is baffling. But Chiasson isn't playing bad at all. Chiasson isn't the one giving the puck away and he's certainly giving his 100% effort out there which can't be said for other players. He is doing his job. Even though I think he should be away from our skilled players, the skilled players need to make him better not the other way around. even if your line mates aren't very skilled or good, the effort should always be there and that's not on the coach.

His system is the best we've had since the Darryl days and it will be too bad if the players don't buy in and get another coach fired. When they've bought in we look like a strong defensive team.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote