View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #56
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Yeah but there's also the clip where he skates through a few defenders and rips it past the goalie. This is also a big man who's just figuring out the offensive end of the game.

If it was a forward, id agree the Flames scouts can't be trusted to project talent, but they don't do too bad on defense. Besides this is a guy who's competing for the 3rd pair, which is at most 12 minutes a game. But since he's a European, that's also a negative. The Flames aren't good at scouting overseas.

And any European signings brings us closer to scouts being fired. You can't keep spending salary on players who don't contribute. Max ELC are close to a million buxks. So if your European scouts are costing you a million a year, it's cheaper to find a better scout who's 125K more expensive in salary but brings you value for your ELCs
I agree with this sentiment. I just couldn't figure out what I was missing when I was looking at the videos. However, when Calgaryboy said he wasn't a guy we should chase, things made a little more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment.
Agree. I'm sure he's seen Rutta just as much as some of the scouts out there. Though I wouldn't be upset either if management signed him.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote