View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #100
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wind looks good "on paper" however, was brutal!

I've experience Wind in Calgary and Edmonton,

Wind's coverage in Calgary is decent if you spend much of your time well within the city limits, when you're "Wind Home" it is very affordable with decent service. However, Wind's zone only extends as North as Country Hills Blvd consistantly. Cross Iron Mills mall, is outside of the Wind Zone which makes it very annoying if you're a fringe calgarian. However, when you're somewhere within the city that is "Wind Away" aka places that have rough cell reception in the first place, Wind can get EXPENSIVE! I had problems getting coverage inside the Saddledome, some malls,rec centre's (Westside Rec Centre) costcos, superstores etc.

In Edmonton, I had a basement suite and had ZERO Coverage in my own place in the heart of Edmonton (right by commonwealth). It was horrid! Very similar problems as well for locations, I'd be roaming while on the U of A campus depending on the building I was in.

When I got my first teaching job outside of Edmonton in Tofield, it was even worse. It was like I didnt even own a cell phone because it was soo freakin expensive to make calls or receiving emails outside of the "Wind zone"

I would only reccommend Wind if you NEVER leave the city, and are rarely in "thicked walled bulidings".

I have since switched to Koodo and now Bell (because of their great version of the 6GB plan Rogers had)

Last edited by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM; 08-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote