View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #88
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I ended up going with wind and couldn't be happier. I received my first two bills and they are $42 just like they said. No extra or hidden charges.

I've used wind in every corner of Calgary and haven't had any issues. I've tried it all over Vancouver and hadn't had one issue. I get a weak signal in east copperfield and west royal oak, but it still works. Plus their coverge is getting better and better.

My friend tried calling using his rogers phone from Parkland in Calgary and had no reception. We had to use my wind phone.

I made long distance calls from Vancouver, used the internet like crazy which should all be roaming and yet my bill is still $42. Yet everybody else didn't want to use there cell because of roaming charges on their provider. Good thing i had wind to look up pubs and restaurants.

Speeds? On wind i get 5mbps. A quick rogers test in the same area gave 4.2mbps.

$42 for unlimited canada wide calling, texting and data plus caller i.d. and no roaming in any major canadian city. The best part is, i don't have to call rogers every month to ask them what all these extra charges are for.

The one downfall is that you are roaming in Okotoks and Airdrie. If i have to though, 20 cents a minute is fine for a quick call. I suppose i could pay $70 a month with rogers to have reception in airdrie or okotoks but if i have a choice i'd rather not.

This could be the best cell phone desision i ever made.
stampsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote