View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #432
morgin
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Yzerman19 View Post
So wait.

Yet you don't think they're looking at rebuilding? I don't see how you can come to that conclusion, whatever their GM wants to say publicly. Their actions suggest that's exactly what they're doing. So on this I just disagree with you.
The only thing here is that we still don't have the full picture. I think it will depend a lot on what they try to get back for Kesler, if they trade him. If they don't, and this is the only deal, it's a tough sell to say this is clear evidence of the start of a rebuild. I think it's just as easy to chalk it up to horrible asset management and effectively making your starting goalie hate your franchise so much you have no choice but to trade him and this is literally all Gillis could get back.

If they trade Kesler for prospects, I'd say they're heading into rebuild territory.

If they do a typical Canucks trade and try to get back proven NHL players like David Booth it's arguably this "retool" Gillis is talking about and they will probably flounder around like the Flames did for a few seasons getting terrible draft placement but not making the playoffs.

Last edited by morgin; 03-04-2014 at 06:03 PM.
morgin is offline   Reply With Quote