View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #96
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
And about the expectation of volunteering, I have put in literally hundreds of hours so your kid has a place to play and meet new friends and learn new skills both on and off the field and you (maybe not specifically you) can't give two hours to hand out pinnies at evalutions or rake a field? That selfish attitude blows me away.
Depends on what you mean by volunteering. I helped out on the field with soccer when the kids played. But now with other sports we're getting into fundraising for out of city trips a couple times a month. Thousands of dollars a year out of pocket, and then dozens more hours of fundraising. For kids who are 8 and 9 years old!

Why is there so much more money and time required for young kids to play sports than was the case 30 or 40 years ago? Why so much equipment and clothing and travel? I see no evidence the kids themselves are any better off than kids decades ago. It has to be about something else.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote