View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #42
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Price available only to Costco members
Advertised prices at both Ford dealerships visited were available only to Costco members, but their ads didn’t always disclose that. Everyone else pays $1,000 more. If you think you can just go over and sign up at a Costco store, you’re mistaken. The membership has to predate the dealer’s promotion. The APA has encountered this misleading practice at Ford dealerships more frequently in Calgary than any other city.
We used this Costco thing with my car purchase, and it was probably one of the first things that we covered, first with the salesman, then with the finance department. They both made sure we had a Costco membership that predated the promotion, before proceeding, which of course we did, because we've been Costco members since 1999 or something. To be completely honest, I did none of the negotiating, I wasn't even there. I just told them what I wanted, they found the vehicle, my husband did the rest, because I wasn't able to leave my job to go in on the hours available, to haggle or deal. I don't recall seeing any documentation fees in any of the paperwork I signed, and I checked it over prior to signing my name. However, I'd imagine that may have something to do with the fact that my husband worked at the dealership we purchased from so....
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote