View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #48
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
I'm not an educated man. Most of you have probably figured that out from my awful grammar, but I have one question, why did the police hold the evidence about the bodies not being found when in fact they were technically found in a burnt barrel on the Garland residence? Why was that hold back evidence?
I think there could be multiple reasons, a big one being that police don't give all details of crimes they are investigating. They also wouldn't have known the results of the DNA testing for a little bit after it was collected, and once it was confirmed what they found I bet they kept tight lipped so they wouldn't jeopardize the eventual trial.

Also I don't think finding DNA in a burn is considered finding the bodies. There isn't a classification of 'technically' finding a body, they have DNA from the bodies but they don't have actual bodies. The crown is trying to prove that they are dead and didn't just disappear and run away, which is why they have been asking the witnesses if they have had any contact with them since their disappearance.

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 01-17-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post: