View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 11:41 PM   #52
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

When I was a teenager I loved tinkering with computers and loading software into windows, seeing what worked and what didn't. When I went to university, I studied for and got degrees in business and political science. I came out thinking I was going to do arbitration or mediation or something like that, but I ended up in the world of business analysis and communications. Worked for the city, but decided to go back to school. I completed a masters in strategic studies, and was set on working in civilian intelligence. Almost had a job with a major Canadian security and intel organization, but didn't quite make the cut. I have since become a tech consultant, and I absolutely love what I do, particularly helping clients use cloud technologies and designing UX for SaaS applications.

Ultimately I want to go back to New Zealand and open a delicious BBQ restaurant, I'm thinking when this tech career is about to give out is when I'll head back to auckland and try to make something out of that. I know I would be just as happy making great steaks for friendly people as I do working on tech and with computers, which I believe I am lucky to be doing since it's what I wanted to do all those years ago.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: