Thread: Cycling Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #47
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Ninja View Post
Awesome tip there. I have been thinking of getting a road bike because right now I'm riding a tank of a comfort/hybrid bike and I'm sick of getting passed by pudgy guys on road bikes. (What can I say, I'm vain.) But I just can't bring myself to getting anally raped by Shimano to the tune of $1500 for the inflated price of a bike with their road bike series componentry.
The devinci is still Shimano Tiagra/Sora mix, with a Truvativ crank, and to be honest, I wouldn't buy anything but a SRAM/Shimano/Campy equipped bike.

I was going to buy this, then put a flat bar and shifters on it, until I found the Devinci. But if you are looking for a road bike with the good Shimano components, comfy geometry, and you dont want to get raped, this is a smoking deal for a Shimano 105 bike. 105 components are basically the entry into the high end stuff. As good a the Dura-ace stuff for duraility/reliabilty/smoothness, just a bit heavier. I think it gets to your door for just under $1100 CAD and, their site guarantees no extra duty on delivery. The price in the cart, is the price to your door. From what I have read, it is an awesome bike for comfort/ rideability.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...d+Bike+10.aspx

Last edited by pylon; 06-20-2011 at 11:58 AM.