View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Employee rights question

I work as a driver for a warehouse at the airport. My manager is in his mid 30's, and is always making changes to things that aren't broken. He micromanages everything and it's hard to keep track of all the paperwork I've signed for new company policies and whatnot. Anyways, the newest thing is that our dispatcher creates a recap at the end of the day, which we are to read in the evening after work just to get a heads up the next day. I need my company phone to view this email, so I'm supposed to have it on me at all times. Last Thursday my dad fell down the stairs and broke his shoulder blades. I had to grab him from the hospital, take him home, and then take my mom who has Alzheimer's to the pharmacy to get his painkillers. Without going into detail, it was a very stressful evening and I never bothered to check this work email. Sure enough I was supposed to start at 6 am instead of 730 am, but I showed up at 730 instead. Today I got disciplined for it and written up. I'm just wondering if not being available outside of work hours are grounds for dismissal? My boss didn't even care when I gave him my reasoning.
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote