View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #48
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Is there a recommendation which test is better? The one in the home or the one at the clinic?

Just off the cuff, the one at home might see me screw up how the equipment works, but is more likely to be how I sleep on a day to day basis; conversely the one at the shop might see the equipment done right, but not as close to what I do on a nightly basis.

I'm all ears. I'm going to look into this over the holidays and schedule something.
Some people will never be able to sleep in a hospital or clinic setting. My husband was one of those.

It is far better to at least get tested one way or another just to find out if in fact you do have sleep apnea. Not only should you find out if you have sleep apnea, you should find out which kind you have as there are at least two kinds (obstructive and central) and they are treated differently.

Many might try to shrug sleep apnea off as a major inconvenience that mainly affects your sleep patterns. But it can affect a lot more...like your blood pressure, your heart, your awareness through the day...and of course, your sleep. Sleep apnea really should be taken seriously.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote