View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #47
ExiledFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Is there a recommendation which test is better? The one in the home or the one at the clinic?

Just off the cuff, the one at home might see me screw up how the equipment works, but is more likely to be how I sleep on a day to day basis; conversely the one at the shop might see the equipment done right, but not as close to what I do on a nightly basis.

I'm all ears. I'm going to look into this over the holidays and schedule something.
Level 1 sleep studies are the best. These are done at foothills but the wait time was many months last time I checked. These are the tests in which you are monitored while you sleep in the hospital and tons of parameters are monitored. Apparently there are also two private level 1 sleep clinics in Calgary but I'm not sure where they are.

A level 3 study is one that you take home and wear while you sleep. They are much more basic, only monitoring a few parameters, but you are sleeping in your own bed.

The basic take home test is fine to start, if things look really bad then your family doc could refer you to the foothills overnight test after.

Send me a pm and I'll tell you which respiratory companies to avoid and which I recommend. I've got friends working at many of these companies.
ExiledFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ExiledFlamesFan For This Useful Post: