View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #852
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMcGeough View Post
Been meaning to try out an antenna for a long time, finally impulse bought a cheap one on Prime Day.

I live on Signal Hill and I'm within 5 miles of the broadcast towers for the 6 main channels. I thought just about any indoor antenna would be fine, but the one I got receives only the first three of these:

I tried multiple locations, including outdoors, and saw no effect.

Am I missing something or is this just an awful antenna?
I saw those on sale, or at least something that looked almost identical, so I picked it up. For about the past 5 years I have been using one exactly like the youtube video posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
I wondered if the "real" one would be any better than the one I made, and I have a second TV so I wanted a second antenna anyways.

The result - they are pretty much identical but the one I made may be a weee bit better. I can always get CTV, CITY, CBC, Omni. I can usually get YES. Global is sometimes fine, other times cuts in and out, although if I turn the antenna a bit I can get Global fine and the other stations are a bit spotty. That was one of my motivations for trying a purchased antenna - to see if it would get all of them with no issues. No such luck.

BTW, I am in the city's NE, Taradale, and according to TVFool I have LOS to all 6 primary channels. Still not sure why Global is so temperamental.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote