View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 11:50 PM   #1242
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
So I've been looking for a TV for my bedroom, because the one that's in there is too small to really be useful. At the same time, new models are starting to leak out and the big box stores are putting everything on clearance.

Here's the problem I'm having. I want a 65" or a 70". Because almost no one makes 70", that mostly means I need a 65" (unless I can get a Vizio M70 on sale). I want a good quality TV, but I don't want to spend insane amounts. That basically eliminates OLED, unfortunately - the lowest I was able to get was an open box LG B6 for 3300 or a really old demo model LG 9600 for 2900. Considering the miles on those things it's just not worth doing. A new 65 inch C7 is going for 4300 at Best Buy up north, and if you have four grand to spend on a TV, that's probably as good a deal as you're going to find. I do not.

Meanwhile, it's basically impossible to get a good deal on an LED TV anymore thanks to Vizio. Whatever option you come up with - the best I've had is last year's top of the line Samsung KS9500 for 3100 bucks - it makes no sense in comparison to the Vizio model. The P series goes on sale at Costco for $2200, M series for even less than that. Moreover, I'm looking at Bestbuy's website and they just posted the new 2017 Vizios, and it looks like the new M65 is starting at 1599 (was 1999 for 2016). Unfortunately, it's not like I can walk into Costco and ask for the sale price like I could at Visions; you have to wait.

So I'm kind of stuck here. Ideas? I've been checking Kijiji but people are utter idiots when it comes to valuing their obsolete TVs.
Honestly my advice is to take your time, save for six months or however long it takes and buy an OLED. I have the E7 series and by far it's the best TV I've ever owned. The blacks on a OLED are incredible, there is zero halo effect and the TV is razor thin. They say the colours aren't as bright but with the blacks looking so perfect, the TV being in 4K and HDR the colour looks just as rich as a plasma to me. I had a 70" before and at first the 65" OLED felt a tad small but after adjusting the wall bracket and seeing how beautiful the picture is, I don't miss those five inches (that's what she said, lol.) Buying an OLED is well worth the time and money, best of luck.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote