View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #38
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I don't play Warcraft, but from what I heard, this sounds like they're beginning to wrap up the story and tie up loose ends.

If that happens, then do you guys see future addons just being raiding dungeons?

WOW is getting fairly old and is still the king of MMO's but you have to wonder if Blizzard will want to move on to something new that takes advantage of new game technology and engines.

Wonder what kind of end game event that they would have, when the game eventually shuts down, and what its replaced with?
If they were going to replace WoW, it would have been with Titan. Since that's been cancelled, the chances of that happening now are pretty much zero.

They've indicated with some of the things they talked about yesterday that they could still push out another expansion after this one, but you're starting to see themselves being very limited with their choices to take the game.

For example, if the Eye of Azshara is a simple 5 man dungeon, there's no way Azshara herself (one of the most powerful beings on Azeroth) would be a boss there. That's still a thread they could chase into a full expansion (and my personal favorite choice from a lore perspective. She's an interesting character!)

Another example is the planet Argus. They mention the Tomb of Sargeras here, but to take on Burning Legion on their home planet could make for a full expansion. They also have not tied up all the loose threads surrounding the Old Gods yet, so there's room for improvement there as well.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote