View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Whether they can get the first line center is a different question.

This team looks entirely different with Geztlaf, Thornton, Richards etc centering Iginla and Tanguay.
I don't really think they should be building a team around Iginla and Tanguay. I think getting a first line centre that we should build the team around is probably better idea. In fact, I would rather build the team around the few decent young pieces we have right now, not our ageing core.

Build a proper first line around this new young centre. If those complimentary pieces are Iginla and Tanguay, great, if not, get rid of them, try different players there (Hudler, Cammalleri, Cervenka, Glencross, whatever) or acquire what is required.

Build a proper second line around Backlund and Sven and whoever else works on that line. If nobody has chemistry with them, again acquire a new winger for them to play with.

Bring Horak into the line-up to play on the third line. He is a damn good player and I'm surprised at how under-rated he is around these parts.

On defence, keep developing Brodie and hope that he can become a solid top 2 defenceman.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote