View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #1428
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Way too early to be talking about firing Klopp. This is his first full season in charge here. He has to be allowed to bring in a few more players, and given some more time to sort out a defence that has been shaky for years.
Way too early to be talking about firing Klopp the way it was way too early to talk about firing vanGaal?

I don't see any reason to have any faith that he's the man to turn the club around. And as for the defence ... I'll let Carragher respond to that one
Quote:
Jamie Carragher says Jurgen Klopp must take the blame for Liverpool's dreadful defeat at Leicester City – and is showing too much faith in underperforming players. Klopp's side slumped to a 3-1 reverse at managerless Leicester City on Monday night to remain outside the Champions League qualification places.
Lucas Leiva, once again playing as a makeshift centre-back in the absence of injured Dejan Lovren, endured a difficult evening up against Jamie Vardy, who scored twice.
But Liverpool legend Carragher says the Brazilian was exposed by Klopp's tactics and team selection.
“I think he (Klopp) has far too much faith in certain players, really,” he said, speaking on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football.
“He has to make changes in the summer. And while I'm not saying tonight is a good thing, it reinforces the changes that need to be made.
“Sometimes as a Liverpool fan, when it's going well you kid yourself about certain things.
“I love James Milner, but he's not a left-back.
“Lucas Leiva I'm sure is getting plenty of stick off Liverpool fans tonight, but I actually felt so sorry for that lad. I was happy when he came off.
“I have no blame for him. He shouldn't be playing there. It's like putting me at right wing and saying 'why aren't you beating your full-back?'.
“I can't. There's no way I can possibly do it. And there's no way Lucas can catch Vardy in a sprint if the team are pushed up to the halfway line.
“He was put in a position that completely exposed him. There should be no blame attached to him.
“The blame for that should be with Jurgen Klopp for putting him in that position.”
Quote:
Carragher also remains concerned Liverpool have no Plan B. “My other problem is Liverpool always play the same way,” he said. “What's wrong with Liverpool going to a side like Leicester and saying 'okay, what do they want to do to us?'. Why couldn't they let Morgan and Huth have the ball and use Mane and his pace?
“Instead, Liverpool's two centre-backs are on the halfway line and Leicester break. (Burnley's) Andre Gray did it, Niasse did it for Hull and it was the same for Jamie Vardy tonight.
“I don't know why it hasn't changed or there is no difference in tactics for certain games.”
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ester-12665899

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote