View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 10:36 PM   #8
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

TorqueDog has....a cat? Do you need a username change?

Checkout and see if other units have this deficiency in the building. A chorus of complaints will have a lot more weight than just yours, be it with the developer or the condo board.

I'm still not sure if this a new build condo or not. Assuming it's new, and in violation of code - this is definitely something the Board should be looking into and taking up with the Developer on behalf of Residents. Problem is - this could take a while (especially if a Board has not been constituted) yet you don't want a flat cat.

If I were you I'd put together a decent looking and non-permanent solution yourself at minimum cost and see what becomes of the "official" fix. You'll want to avoid putting screws into the exterior of the building (the railing should be fine, though I wouldn't just yet) as Boards can get sticky about perforating the exterior envelope.

Me - I'd come up with a few pieces of straight Plexiglass, an L bracket hopefully in matching silver, zip ties for the railing side, and some 3M Command adhesive strips as a cheap temporary solution.

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 08-12-2016 at 10:39 PM.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote