View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 09:19 AM   #4
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Gibby should be back. I'm not a huge fan but at the end of the day you don't take your team to back to back ALCS if you are a bad manager. Gibby had his work cut out for him with this roster and he made it work. Deserves it.

It will be a busy offseason for sure. I agree Bautista is gone, they'll give him the qualifying offer and take the pick. I think they will make a run at Edwin but the deal needs to be right. I do like Edwin, but I dont' think you open up the cheque book for him and just give him what he wants, deal has to work for you too. I'm also not as convinced he is heading to Boston. NOt sure the Red Sox are going to pay that much for a bat when pitching is such a need for them.

Need to get a couple LH bats and need to get younger. Because they need to get younger I expect most of their work to come via the trade, not FA. I'd love for them to get Charlie Blackmon out of Colorado but I suspect he will be pricey. LH bat who could hit at the top of the order but still has some power to him as well.
Votto would be an aboslute dream. I dont' think its impossible, but sure sounds like Reds are not committed to trading him which means price would be very high. Worth it, especially if Red eat alot of the deal, which they would have to.

Edit:
Jeff Blair ‏@SNJeffBlair 41m41 minutes ago
John Gibbons just told us he doesn't expect changes in the Jays coaching staff for 2017 ....

Not overly surprised but I wouldn't have cried if Brook jacoby got let go. Hitting is pretty individual but at the same time I thought the Jays hitters looked unprepared and had poor game plans for much of the season. Hard for me to not think he had something to do with that.

Last edited by cross16; 10-20-2016 at 09:26 AM.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cross16 For This Useful Post: