View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

As far as the rest of the NBA goes, obviously it's feeling a lot like 2010-2014 where we had our supervillain team. The Warriors probably won't see as much hate as the Heat did, but Durant in particular will be pretty well disliked across the league. Like the Heat in their first year I expect we'll see the Warriors struggle in the first 20-25 games trying to adapt to the new normal over there. Obviously Klay is most likely to see his role reduced, so we'll see if he accepts the Bosh role as good as Bosh did. But by midseason they'll probably look as frightening as they do on paper. My only major concern is they can be abused by bigger, stronger teams, but those same teams could also be run out of the gym by the Warriors.

As far as MVP goes it seems the overwhelming consensus is Russell Westbrook will walk away with it, and it's hard to disagree. I don't see it happening but if anyone is taking a run at averaging a triple double in a season, it's Westbrook. If there's a sleeper MVP it's gotta be Kawhi, after working with Kobe all summer he might be even more devastating on offense to pair with this world class defense. Someone needs to take over as team leader after Tim Duncan, and I think Kawhi will step up into that roll.

Other players I'm watching: Really excited to see Giannis running PG full time for the Bucks, such an amazing talent; Joel Embiid has shown everything that made everyone so high on him in preseason so hopefully he stays healthy. And of course can't wait to see more of Karl-Anthony Towns, the guy who will be the #1 player in the league sooner than later. League is absolutely loaded with talent right now, so it's an exciting time to be a fan.