View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #9
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like it a lot. It is the system I was hoping for.

The defense is very tight in the defensive zone, and the forwards are more prone to clog up the front of the net. Allowing shots from the perimeter is not a big deal. Preventing ones from the home plate area is paramount. The goalies by in large can stop the point shots and ones from the half wall area without much difficulty. The shots from in tight are the problem (see three of Van's four goals tonight for an example).

The breakouts are as a team, which with the type of guys we have on the back end is how it should be. They are fast, so having them not to jump way up in the play makes it both easier to contribute offensively, but also decreases the distance they have to go to get back. Once Gaudreau and Monahan are back together and the third line of what I'm assuming will be Bouma-Backlund-Frolik are going, this team is going to be deadly.

Each game we were good in the Corsi department and outshot the other team heavily. Once you get some skilled guys in there, it makes it all the more easy for goals to come.

Hard to score when you're basically putting 4th line AHL players out there in most of the games during the preseason.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post: