Thread: 2016 MLS Season
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 05:01 PM   #5
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I know it was only one game, and they looked great after one game last year too, but:

1) They sustained a long period of opposition possession without surrendering goal(s) or many high quality chances

2) They actually looked organized at the back, considering 3/5 of the back are new, really organized

3) Michael Bradley kept his discipline and stayed in front of the back 4 more than has been seen since he showed up. Not having a dedicated DM, that is huge at limiting opposition chances.

4) Will Johnson was EVERYWHERE. Amazing work rate. He must be so annoying to play against.

5) It's no longer terrifying to pass back to the GK. Irwin's distribution and ball handling is way beyond Konopka/Bendik

6) Endoh looks at the very least to be a potentially interesting piece

I have no idea how this formation will work when Altidore is back, but in many stretches you could see how much he is missed. Giovinco plays off the space he creates, and it's tough when he's up on an island.
I think Bradley will have to be very disciplined at CDM this year. He has a tendency to go chasing and get caught up field.

Mo Babouli was signed to the first team, I can't wait for him to get a chance to play.

Giovincos motorcycle celebration was sick.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post: