View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 12:31 AM   #55
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
This is what people should be focusing on, carbon tax is here, we can't change that. But I hope people who attacked the government for implementing it will equally scrutinize companies who raise their prices as a result of it, their should be increases, how big of an increase is the issue right now. And whether or not all increases are legitimately tied to the carbon tax.

I would agree that the government could done more to explain the costs to the public, but I don't believe their handling of it gives companies a free pass to gouge, they are just as capable of showing exactly what the breakdowns of their costs will be and making that public, does anyone think they will be making their books public?
We should scrutinize companies for raising their prices because the Government raised their costs? That seems like some serious cognitive dissonance.

The Government could have done more to explain the costs to the public?

Sure, I'd agree with that....except for the part where I'm fairly confident that this gaggle of morons have no idea what they're doing other than 'Carbon = The Devil.'

They're Kathy Bates from 'Waterboy.'

Businesses are fully capable of providing breakdowns of their costs to the public? Really? How do you figure that?

First of all, those breakdowns arent free. Have you ever had to do a Professional Cost-Breakdown? Its hard. Its very complex. Where do you attribute certain aspects of overhead, how do you account for rent increases. They have to be audited, and then they have to be distributed and then...it goes on and on.

All so businesses can spread Government Propaganda? Whats in it for them?

Especially considering the Carbon tax is about as fluid and ethereal as it gets. The people instituting it have no idea as to its effects. Its supposed to cost the wealthiest Albertans a maximum of...well, thats been a bit of a moving target as of late, whats it at now? $480/year?

But again, that doesnt take into account any of the downstream Economic effects that, according to our Fearless Leaders, dont exist.

Face facts, this tax is a boondoggled debacle of epic proportions.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: