View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #29
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
At what point did I say it would be easy or that being healthy would be all it takes? Searching for happiness and contentment while having poor physical health is working up hill. Improving Physical health isn't hard and if someone is serious about turning things around, it is the best place to start.

No one can fix you but yourself, no one will understand you as well as you understand yourself, you can get yourself together better than anyone else can and then you'll always have that skill in your toolbox. By all means, look for help where you can get it, but at the end of the day it is always going to be on the individual to manage themselves. No pill will fix you, no doctor will fix you, it is up to you to find good sources and then make them work for you.

I've had to find my own way because every experience with a mental health professional was useless, it was an expensive hassle and all I got was obvious advice. I've found that focusing on physical health, self education and understanding to be vastly more fruitful.
Counter point: A properly prescribed pill can help you, doctors can help you, it is not only up to you to find good sources and then make them work for you. You are not an island.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote