View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #258
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE_Overstand View Post
i did say i directly compare our airport to Seattle. as for the cab drivers... it is the way business works. cab drivers in towns like Miami Vancouver New York who have public trains directly from the airport have had to deal with it. Just like when the government here raised taxes on Oil and Gas royalties (obviously reversed).... at the time we in the business just have to deal with it and find ways to make profits and revenue expand in other ways... Just like when starbucks moves into a neighbourhood like inglewood. the mom and pops just have to deal with it.

on a side note, what is edmonton's airport like anyways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Does it really matter what the airport looks like? Sorry but for the amount of time that the average person is in the thing I don't think that it is that big of a deal. Also Calgary isn't Vancouver, Beijing, Singapore... actually as a city it is more like Seattle than any of the other cities that you listed.

Truth be told Calgary doesn't have the population or the location to be a major international hub like the cities that you mentioned.

As for the airport - I personally don't see a major benefit, it would be nice but it is so far down the priority list as for what transit in the city needs, let alone the entire city budget. It would cost hundreds of millions of dollars and I just don't think it would be utilized enough to make it economically viable. Plus at the same time it would upset the taxi drivers an insane amount and the airport would require a cut of the profits as well (as they currently do from the taxi drivers)
im a season ticket holder of the flames and i have no issue with the on ice views and my game watching experience... but when i go to the sardine can, better known as the saddledome concourse (which i spend minimill time in anyways) i hate it and wish it was nicer. anyways. as my tax dollars go to the suburb expansions and overpasses i NEVER USE (i live downtown for the past 4 years... and in those 4 years i have jumped up tax brackets significantly) .... i'd like to see some better infrastructure around the airport and in the airport itself.

everyone is different. some people go to the airport 2 times a year. one time for their flight somewhere, and the second time when they arrive back. so for those people its completely fair to assume and understand that they really don't care.

but as stated before... i am in and out of this city 4 months a year. 3 years in a row now. so i see believe some changes should be made.

and i FULLY UNDERSTAND the demographics and geography of the city.
EYE_Overstand is offline   Reply With Quote