View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #66
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
TD has been good on the couple of car and hail claims I've had, but I too have heard they have really clamped down lately to try and recover from flood losses. The difference in premiums is almost $1,000 for house and auto now and worst of all they have a limit of $25,000 for sewer backup.

Travellers appears the cheapest as I understand they are hungry for business. Would love to know if they are as good as TD to work with.
I added a third vehicle to my policy a year ago, told them (TD) to match the policy on my previous two vehicle which they did.... but changed the comprehensive deductible from $250 to $500. Lucky for them the car that just got hail damage is the $500 deductible policy.

I asked them why they would recommenced $250 deductible on my two cars that I drive a combined 1,000km's max per year but $500 on the car that gets driven 20,000km's. They couldn't tell me why that happened. Out of curiosity I asked them what the difference was on my premiums to go from $500 down to $250 deductibles.... under $20/year. ####ers! I told them the odds of having 1 comprehensive claim in the next 10 years is probably pretty high and they agreed. Thanks TD.

And yes I should have read the specifics of the policy closer but still chaps my ass. As soon as I get through this hail claim I'm shopping around.

Last edited by rohara66; 08-31-2016 at 01:02 PM.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote