View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #28
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
Well I for one happen to agree with the OP.

The Oilers beat the Ducks in 2006, when they were eighth seed and not expected to do so, and when the Ducks were a powerful team. In fact, the Ducks went on to win the Stanley Cup in 2007.

I am sure someone in the Oilers dressing room has made the analogy that "if we beat the Ducks when they were in their prime and on the cusp of winning the Cup, we can beat them now when many of the Ducks glory years are in their past."

The Flames play tentative against the Ducks, they play scared, and they get off their game plan in a hurry. Sure we got bad goal keeping but I think part is psychological too as well as not getting great leadership from GG.

And some of you should keep in mind that there is a person behind your computer screen. It is possible to disagree with a poster without mocking them or acting like internet bullies.

You realize the Ducks were the 6 seed in 2006 and far from a powerhouse. They acquired Probger that summer that put them over the top to Cup Champ in 07. Your theory there is pretty bunk
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post: