View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #455
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegee View Post
It sounds like he has had an awesome year if he has improved tremendously. I've always thought parents get too excited over wins and losses where they should be focusing more on if their child developed over the year and felt like he learned lots.

Spring hockey is okay, but sometimes I think parents feel if they spend more they will play on a "better" team then the cheaper teams, when at the end game all of our kids are playing beer league anyways.

Your son play in Chestermere?
No, Red Deer. Red Deer babies the kids in Novice, it's city league only, half ice with no score. And they will not let any kids play up, even if they are scoring 20+ goals in the 40 minute run time game. So in the past we were looking for more after the minor hockey season and spring hockey provided that. My son loved it because he was playing with kids with similar talent and it was a lot more competitive. Now that he is in Atom and playing Tier I, I'm kind of hockey'd out(Don't know if it's in the dictionary, but I use the term all the time). A lot bigger time commitment for sure. So I left it solely up to him if he wanted to play spring this year. He told me he wants to play, so we are committed to at least one more spring season. His regular season ended yesterday and his team didn't make the playoffs. So we have around six weeks off until the spring season gets under way.

Last edited by burn_baby_burn; 02-13-2017 at 10:22 AM.
burn_baby_burn is offline   Reply With Quote