View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #441
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
I can only imagine your anxiety facing that, so its good to hear he made the top team.

I've just gone through community evals for my PeeWee goalie son and frustrating doesn't even touch the surface of the process.

I hate questioning things because I feel like I come across as "that parent" thinking my kid is the greatest in the world, but it really isn't that. I simply want my kid to be fairly placed where his skill level should have him - instead it seems like he's been the victim of an early "clerical error", which has dogged him and been a boat anchor on his final ranking.

The teams haven't even been picked yet, but I'm honestly concerned with how my kid will react to his placement and how it'll affect his future in the position. I try to have good talks with him every day about how this is 1 year of PeeWee and it isn't going to affect what he can do in the future, but he's 11 and seeing kids of lower skill levels being invited to higher up skates is crushing on him.
If that is the case then you should be able to appeal and have the evaluation committee review his numbers. Many associations have a pretty steep cost associated with this so you would need to decide whether it is worth the cost but if they truly made an error and have not realized it (sometimes they do as the process goes on) then they should have no problem placing a player appropriately.

One more eval session for my daughter but we know 99% where she will play (which division), just not on which team. Team formations are really late this year and from what I hear the tournament window request cut off for the league is only a couple of days after the teams are announced which leaves very little time to look for tournaments.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote