View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #1489
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Negan's crew also enslaves everyone around them and uses extreme violence to do so. They're the bad guys.
Right, but I think what makes it interesting is the dynamic of Rick and Maggie.

Negan and his group are the bad guys, but they're also right about something, after all hes done you cannot paint Rick as 'The Good Guy.'

But thats okay, because sometimes circumstances conspire to require good guys to have to do bad things and its hard, sometimes impossible, to go back afterwards, but the dynamic between Rick and Maggie is such that Rick knows this, and when his time doing bad things is done Maggie enters centre-stage and takes over.

I get people being tired of the circuitous story of just meeting a bigger, crazier bad guy, and I do get the impression that cycle of this story is nearing its end because I dont think we harbour many illusions that the combined forces of Alexandria, The Hilltop and the Kingdom are going to overcome the Saviours, but then at that point the story-board is much, much larger.

I've repeatedly stated that 'The Walking Dead' are Ricks' group, not the Zombies, but should they defeat Negan they're no longer these wandering vagabonds but rather central pillars of a fairly large community, so I think thats the direction the show is destined to move in.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote