View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM   #5
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Well what do you get provided with the HOA fee? In some communities there are amenities and those are what they would be managing.

I guess that is my question in a lot of ways as it's not something I really have ever paid that much attention to. I have been somewhat annoyed at the annual $150 for what appears to be little work but it's not a big deal.

There are no amenities in this area that would not be the responsibility of the management company to really manage.

There is a small welcome sign and Blvd along a 150 meter median with a few flowers and such as you can see here if you go straight.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0652...5410&entry=ttu

Those maintenance costs are $15k a year which seems high but at least you can point to actual work being done in the summer. There is no snow removal, no rec or community center, no ice rink/pool. There is a field with a soccer goal posts/baseball diamond etc but that is taken care of by the city.

The only reason why I brought this up is other friends who live in some communities can point to something with the management company actually managing, albeit at a higher cost. Other friends live in areas with no fee.

Just wondering what other CP members are experiencing as in essence, the management company is taking 35% for managing.........a landscaping contract for 150 meters and perhaps another small, similar section on another street.

I believe a flow chart I saw years ago indicated the only thing to contact the management fee was for the flowers/garden beds and the welcome sign. All else contact 311 or homeowner.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote