View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #12
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilboy2 View Post
Where this happened is in the process of being twinned and has had a lot of work done. Obviously not soon enough though.
What people don't understand is there is a very slim construction made even slimmer when moose are in rutting season. Not to mention most of this area is deep bog making it tougher.
It sounds like the northbound truck was passing on a solid line up a hill. One would imagine this kind of impatience would lead to the same results at some point later.
Even with a twinned highway there is still head on accidents. Just look at the history of highway 2 between Edm and cal to find that out.
Only way to prevent these is to change driving habits. Pretty simple
Just last week I saw a semi veer left into the ditch in Innisfail on hwy 2(must have fell asleep or something) He hit the wires and like "slow motion" the truck and trailor kind of just layed down in the grass, I was too far back to have been effected if there were no barrier wires but I'll tell you, the hwy was very busy(3 cars hit each other by just being freaked out) and it would have been brutal without those wires. History is bad but I doubt you'll see too many head-on's anymore.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote