View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #62
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I went to Cabo earlier this year, and the police/military have definitely cracked down there. There were battleships in the bay and you'd see soldiers in automatic weapons driving by every half hour or so on patrol.

My biggest problem with Cabo is that it's becoming like Las Vegas. The downtown is filed with crazy American clubs and seedy strip bars. It had a pretty good balance of Mexican and fun clubs even 3 years ago, but it's gotten out of control within the last couple of years.

That being said, there is quite a bit of real Mexican culture there. I went on a walking taco tour while I was there and had some pretty amazing tacos. We went to a family run tortilla factory as part of the tour. If you want a break from Mexican, for about $60 you can get a very high quality surf and turf at a restaurant along the dock.

I even noticed the quality of the resort food within the resorts had gotten better. More a la carte options. Higher quality food too. For example the resort I was in had an authentic taco restaurant and made to order Italian style pizza, both of which were top notch. I guess it's the good and bad of development.

It's less "Mexican" in some ways, but the quality of things has improved. You can always find the authentic Mexican outside of the tourist areas. We actually spent two nights in the "old town" for a change. After 5 days of the resort that was a pretty welcome change.
We stay in San Jose Del Cabo to avoid the Cabo St. Lucas clown show. We will go in for one night to do the sunset cruise around the arch, hit a nice restaurant, and bar hop for a bit.

The shooting I was talking about was actually in San Jose Del Cabo. I posted the article on the shooting below. They don't have it under control in Cabo by any means. In fact it's sky rocketing. 100 police officers in the area were fired in December for failing their evaluation and trust tests, which is shows you how bad it's gotten. There was 50 murders there in one month a couple of months ago (previous records was 7).

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/tour...abos-violence/
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote