Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #46
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
So the PING G30 driver is an absolute animal. I took one out on the course at McKenzie recently and holy crap is this thing amazing. I have a G25 right now and like it a lot, but I was getting 20-30 extra yards of carry with the G30. I carried the hazard from the back tees on #9, which is like 310 in the air. I might just have to buy another new driver but that thing is amazing.
Awesome! I have heard mixed...for some it works wonders and others haven't had much success with it. It is likely a fitting thing and it looks like you got one that works!

I tried one (one swing) a couple of weeks ago. Was on a Par 5, hit my drive with my driver. Bit of a toe hook, but usable. My friend handed me his G30 and told me to try it. I made a good swing and absolutely mashed it, dead center. Felt awesome. When I walked up the fairway though, I got to my balls. They were within 5 yards distance wise. G30 was in the middle. My toe hooked shot with my driver was on left side. Walking off that tee, I was thinking it should've been 40 yards farther with the G30, I hit it that good. So that was disappointing. But again, I am sure with a proper shaft/loft fitting I could find one that works for me too. Felt really easy to hit.
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote