View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #52
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I hate chants, they are so separate from what's actually happening in the game. They are fantastic if you don't care about the outcome like going to a European soccer game where the crowd is part of the entertainment but when there is an actual game going on the chants or god forbid the wave is a distraction.

What I want is natural crowd noise from tension and excitement. The ohhhhh when a shot misses the post, the boos and jeers of missed calls, the reaction to big hits. Natural real reaction to what you are seeing. That is what makes an entertaining crowd. It's not chanting fight songs while the play is on.
Chats though gets the crowd engaged with the game. Soccer is known for the chants since there's a lot of lull moments in between eventful moments. Hockey has those as well. I think it would be awesome if we could come up with a few quick, and simple chants that could get the whole arena to be engaged and amp up the energy.

Players making one of the hardest hits in the season shouldn't have to be the way for the crowd to finally wake up. And it's not like they don't want to be loud. After the hit, overtime last game, and obviously playoffs, the crowd is at it's best.

If Nashville can have one of the best crowds for just a routine regular season game, with less people in the crowd, surely Calgary's could be a bit louder. They need initiation to however.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post: