View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #28
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I think most fans are still nervous. This team has been inconsistent this year, and years past, and there's been so much heartbreak with this team for nearly a decade now. Fans are conditioned to expect the worst, and won't cheer loudly for fear of looking stupid after.

Also, whatever happened to trumpet guy? That guy along with Harvey could get the crowd going by himself.
I think that this iteration of Harvey is quite lackluster and that has a lot to do with it as well. Back in the day Harvey was working hard and got the crowd going. It seems to me that when ever Harvey succeed in a section and does something that the crowd comes alive. It definitely did last night when he pulled the drum out in our section towards the end of the third. (Only noticed Harvey for this 1 minute appearance all game.)

In short I am not sure that I am completely comfortable calling out the mascot but Harvey still gets a response when he/she? chooses to evoke it. Harvey on uppers could really bring some life to the games.