View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 08:51 AM   #27
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
And yet the teams in front of us didn't take them.

It is not as easy as some people like to suggest - it isn't as simple as: rate the players now, you're betting on who is going to be the best player 5 years from now. And then there are team factors to consider as well.

Carolina chose Lindholm
Edmonton chose Draisaitl
Vancouver chose Juolevi

The Flames could very easily have made different choices as well.
Disagree. The Flames received easy choices in all 3 years. 2013 the debate was Lindholm or Monahan there was not a 3rd player in that tier. Carolina had the tough choice to make. Based on their first 3 years in the league the Canes made the wrong call. In 2014 it was considered 4 players at the top and then a steep drop off. Calgary was getting whoever of Bennett, Draisaitl, Reinhart were left (no way Ekblad would have slipped to us). Again Bennett was the easy
Choice. 2016 also was an easy choice unless the Flames believed that Keller or Nylander was the better player. I felt the top 5 was pretty set until the Canucks decided they wanted a Dman over a winger. Made the choice simple for the Flames.

I am no scout but I easily make the same 3 picks Calgary did in those drafts as each player was the no brainer pick
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post: